RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] MetaStock Reading Material

Personally I didn't get much out of it. 70% of it is just repeating the
manual . There are one or two interesting examples but it all pretty basic.
Not much on coding hints and no mention of all the problems with system
tester. I'm actually rather embarrassed I fell for the hype and bought it.

If you haven't read it, the most useful first step after the manual itself
is the Formula Guide (available for free on the files area of this group).
Then for programming and system testing see the old posts on this group. If
you're interested in coding for yourself (and you can't go very far with
Metastock if you don't code) then Roy's newsletter is a great place to go.

Has anyone found any of the Metastock guides useful? I've gone through
several and been very disappointed. For me, I kept on thinking that there
must be some trick to using the program which would make it easier to use
and spent more money than I should have done on regurgitations of the manual
like this guide. I've gradually come to the realization that the serious
user base is small enough that Equis don't seem to think its worth their
while to make a whole series of obvious improvements and bug fixes which
would double the usability of the program.

Andrew