[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: variable periods within functions

Kevin,the biggest problem I see here is getting your coding idea
across.  You would have to include all necessary code, and a logical
explanation of the desired output, before you can expect any
reasonable help.

Anyway, this works:
---8<------------------------
a:=CMO(C,13)>Ref(CMO(C,13),-1)
 AND Ref(CMO(C,13),-1)<Ref(CMO(C,13),-2);
b:=CMO(C,13)<Ref(CMO(C,13),-1)
 AND Ref(CMO(C,13),-1)>Ref(CMO(C,13),-2);

state:=BarsSince(a)<BarsSince(b);
signal:=state<Ref(state,-1);

BarsSince(signal)
---8<------------------------

Jose '-)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kevin and Heather Howard"
<kjhoward@xxxx> wrote:
>             Hi,
>
> I appreciate that there seems to be an upsurge in the requests for
help
> recently, but I would be really, really grateful if I could get some
> help with this problem.
>

> In my MS 8.1 there is a canned CMO Expert called PS CMO Reversal
which has
> the following Exit Long code:
>

> a:=CMO(C,13)>Ref(CMO(C,13),-1) AND Ref(CMO(C,13),-1)<Ref(CMO(C,13),
-2);
> b:=CMO(C,13)<Ref(CMO(C,13),-1) AND Ref(CMO(C,13),-1)>Ref(CMO(C,13),
-2);

> state:=If(BarsSince(a)<BarsSince(b),1,0);
>
> state<Ref(state,-1)
>
> I would very much like to use this indicator in conjunction with the
> Barssince function but I am not able to insert anything in front of
the
> "a:=CMO...". That is I would like to use it along these lines
Barssince(PS
> CMO Reversal-Exit Long)<10.
>
> Is there any way around this or can the code be rewritten in such a
way as
> to remove the a:= and b:=.
>
> I have been wrestling with this now for several months so I have
tried to
> solve it myself without asking for help, but I have not advanced
very far.
> So as I said at the outset I would be genuinely grateful if some one
can
> help me with it.
>

> Also Jose posted the "multi-function metastock dll" earlier today.
Is this

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511