RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] variable periods within functions

            Hi,

color=navy face=Arial>I appreciate that there seems to be an upsurge in the requests for
help recently, but I would be really, really grateful if I could get some help with
this problem.

color=navy face=Arial>

color=navy face=Arial>In my MS 8.1 there is a canned CMO Expert called PS CMO Reversal
which has the following Exit Long code:

color=navy face=Arial>

color=navy face=Arial>a:=CMO(C,13)>Ref(CMO(C,13),-1) AND
Ref(CMO(C,13),-1)<Ref(CMO(C,13),-2);

color=navy face=Arial>b:=CMO(C,13)<Ref(CMO(C,13),-1) AND
Ref(CMO(C,13),-1)>Ref(CMO(C,13),-2);

color=navy face=Arial>state:=If(BarsSince(a)<BarsSince(b),1,0);

color=navy face=Arial>state<Ref(state,-1)

color=navy face=Arial>

color=navy face=Arial>I would very much like to use this indicator in conjunction with
the Barssince function but I am not able to insert anything in front of the &#8220;a:=CMO&#8230;..&#8221;.
That is I would like to use it along these lines Barssince(PS CMO Reversal-Exit
Long)<10.

color=navy face=Arial>

color=navy face=Arial>Is there any way around this or can the code be rewritten in such a
way as to remove the a:= and b:=.

color=navy face=Arial>

color=navy face=Arial>

color=navy face=Arial>I have been wrestling with this now for several months so I have
tried to solve it myself without asking for help, but I have not advanced very
far. So as I said at the outset I would be genuinely grateful if some one can
help me with it.

color=navy face=Arial>

color=navy face=Arial>Also Jose posted the &#8220;<font size=2
face="Courier New">multi-function metastock dll&#8221;
earlier today. Is this able to used and if so how do you go about applying it?

size=2 face="Courier New">

size=2 face="Courier New">Again whether I can
get help with this specific problem or not, I just wanted to say thanks to the
small number of really talented members who spring so often to the aid of the newbie&#8217;s
and the less gifted users like me, who have problems from time to time. You
have taught me and no doubt a great many others a good deal and I just wanted
to say thanks for that.

size=2 face="Courier New">

size=2 face="Courier New">Regards,

size=2 face="Courier New">