From: "Jose" <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>josesilva22@xxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 21:04
PM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] variable periods
within functions
<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> > MFL usually can't handle variable periods in functions - a
major > problem with MetaStock.> For that purpose, you'd need
something like this very useful, > multi-function MetaStock dll:>
> ------------------------------> >  TNT VarPeriod
MetaStock dll>  Copyright (c) The Nag Tools, 2001  <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>www.tnt-ms.fr.st> >
>  22 functions:>  ============> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarAlert", Expression, Period)>   Alert
function with variable periods> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarCMF",
Period)>   Chaikin Money Flow function - var pds> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarCCIE", Period)>   Commodity Chanel Index
(Equis) function - var pds> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarCCI",
Period)>   Commodity Chanel Index (Standard) function - var
pds> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarGZLag2", DataArray,
Period)>   Gaussian ZeroLag 2 function - var pds> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarHhvBars", DataArray, Period)>   Highest
High Value Bars Ago function - var pds> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarHhv", DataArray, Period)>   Highest High
Value function - var pds> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarLlvBars",
DataArray, Period)>   Lowest Low Value Bars Ago function - var
pds> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarLlv", DataArray, Period)>
  Lowest Low Value function - var pds> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarMid", DataArray, Period)>   MidPoint
function - var pds> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarMo", DataArray,
Period)>   Momentum function - var pds> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarMov", DataArray, Period, Method)>
Moving Average function - var pds>    S   -
Simple>    W   - Weighted>
E   - Exponential>    TRI - Triangular>
>  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarROC", DataArray, Period, Method)>
  Rate Of Change function - var pds>    PER -
Percent>    PNT - Points> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarRef", DataArray, Period)>   Reference
function - var pds> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarRSI", DataArray,
Period)>   RSI function - var pds> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarStdev", DataArray, Period)>   Standard
Deviation function - var pds> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarStoD",
Period, Slowing)>   Stochastic %D function - var pds>
>  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarStoK", Period)>   Stochastic %K
function - var pds> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarSum", DataArray,
Period)>   Summation function - var pds> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarTRIX", DataArray, Period)>   TRIX
function - var pds> >  ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarVar", DataArray,
Period)>   Variance function - var pds> >
 ExtFml("VarPeriod.VarWillR", Period)>   Williams' %R function
- var pds> > ------------------------------> > I
can't remember where I've got this handy dll from, but unfortunately > I
can't contact the author(s) to ask if it can be freely >
redistributed.> > jose '-)> > > --- In
<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
mazachan <<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>no_reply@x...> wrote:>
> In a sense, yes.> > Something like the Reference
function.> > However, I can't pass in a variable for the
periods,> > and that is my problem.> > I need something that
can take a variable.>  > > --- In <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jay
T" <<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>JaysTownsend@x...> >
wrote:> >> I think you are looking for the Ref function.>
>>  Look it up and see if it does what you want.> >>
function within metastock> >>> to determine what an indicator's
value is for so many bars ago?> >>> For example, say that I have
calculated a price for x bars ago> >>> and I want to find out
what the moving average is for that> >>> particular bar.>
>>> Or do I have to create my own formula for this?>
---------------------~-->> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your
HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark> Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on
orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.> <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> <A
href=""><FONT
face=Verdana
size=2>http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM<FONT
face=Verdana size=2>>
face=Verdana size=2>> > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
to:>      <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>  > >