Re: [Metastockusers] Re: MS System Tester vs TradeSim

Points only option is the best way to test futures.
In futures each point represents a fixed dollar amount.  These dollar
amounts vary depending on the future.
For example the big S&P500 contract is worth $250/point while the emini S&P
is worth $50, and the emini NDX is worth $20.
When you get into the grains, livestock, and other commodities the variance
is even more.

So in testing a future the equity curve is most relevant in points as the
equity curve in dollars derived from the price has little meaning when
comparing one future to another in a given system

Tom