RE: [Metastockusers] Re: MS System Tester vs TradeSim

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Jose,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
MSST
in 8.1 allows you to use limit and stop orders much in the way you might in real
trading.  For example you can tell it to buy if yesterday's high is
exceeded by one tick at yesterday's high plus one
tick.

As I
mentioned before you don't have to use the compounding feature - just
select points only.

As for
Hani's question, it has been posted a couple times here (although the
method escapes me at the moment) but there is a way to reference the entry
price with the new simulation functions found in 8.1.

Good
Trading,

Joe
J.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jose
  [mailto:josesilva22@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 5:35
  AMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [Metastockusers] Re: MS System Tester vs
  TradeSimHani, MSST cannot handle specific prices
  (other than OHLC entry/exit) within its compound equity
  calculation.TradeSim can.  It has specific EntryPrice &
  ExitPrice variables that it can use for both system trigger signals, and
  equity calculation.jose--- In
  Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Hani Mounir" <elmagd2000@xxxx>
  wrote:> Jose and all,> my problem with MSST is that : I have
  specific values in  trade execution ( open, high,low and close ).
  what if I need to use the actual price when entry triggered (delay = zero
  ). How to do that?> Is that the same in TradeSim? >