Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: DDE feed for Metastock

Hi Jay,

That is exactly what I was thinking. I want to use a DDE feed in conjunction with Metaserver but if it means uninstalling McAfee then I am not sure about it.  This would be too much to risk because I belong to various groups and receive a lot of emails every day.  I thought that by now I would have figured out the DDE but it doesn't seem to be getting any closer.  I was also thinking of getting Norton but from what you wrote, it would perhaps cause the same problems as McAfee.

I have also tried Chartupdater from RTQ and tried to contact Hyper Server but their customer service response was absolutely pathetic!!

Thanks  again,
AlJay T <JaysTownsend@xxxxxxx> wrote:

<<Hi Al,I Use Metastock 8.0 Pro with e-Signal and the data feed will not workif an Anti-virus program is active. I use On Track System Suite which has a Firewall and an Anti-virus module included. I deactivate the Anti-virus module and leave the Firewall activated. This gives me adequate protection as long as I do not use an E-mail client or Internet browser on the same machine.Hope this solves your problem.Tim>>

I use EOD data, but when I went DSL my data collection software couldn't connect to their server - even when I disabled my Norton antivirus and firewall.  They gave me a workaround to download it separately.  However, I purchased SystemSuite 5.0 a couple of weeks ago and uninstalled Norton and everything now works fine - no longer need a workaround I can connect with the download software directly.  I have found in the past that Norton, both antivirus and firewall, blocks things when you have them disabled, plus, they slow down the system considerably. I will no longer use Norton.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor