RE: [Metastockusers] Re: MS System Tester vs TradeSim

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Roy,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Obviously you can't use points only without comparing it to the price of
the security being traded.  Again though, I'm advocating that when using
the system tester you should break your data down into small blocks and use some
common sense when looking at the results.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Thus,
if you have a $5 stock and the system made 5 trades in 3 months for a total of
$1.00 in profits, you are better off than if you have a $30 stock and the system
made 5 trades in 3 months for the same $1.00 in profits.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
realize that the MSST is not perfect.  But just as you have advocated that
one should work with MS rather than trying to move on to other products, I'm
just offering up a few good words for the MSST.  I think you can work with
it and produce some meaningful information.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Joe
J.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Roy Larsen
  [mailto:rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 12:00
  PMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [Metastockusers] Re: MS System Tester vs
  TradeSimJoe> As I mentioned before you
  don't have to use the compounding feature - just select points
  only.The points only option is only of some use when the multiple
  issues under test all fall within areasonably close price range. As the
  price range gets greater the relevance of the test resultsfalls away. The
  range of stocks I test varies from 10c to $5, and points only results are
  heavilyweighted in favour of the $5 end of the range. Points moves are
  larger for higher priced stocks butreal trading profits/losses are more
  likely to be smaller.Roy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/