Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Newbie Question

Al, With Yahoo, you have 20 minutes delay so you can't use that for daytrading. But yes, you can retrive data anytime when markets are open, with 20 minutes delay. I don't known for Forex. Pierre Tremblay   elnaseer dina a écrit:
Pierre,   Does this work intraday and the forex market?   Al Pierre Tremblay wrote:
Andrew, You can go to : http://www.personalstockmonitor.com/ You click on TRY IT FREE for 30 days. You download Personal Stock Monitor GOLD (not the standard edition). You install it. In OPTIONS - PREFERENCES : you choose YAHOO. You enter the ticker symbols you want (or import it in ASCII). And PSM retrieves the data on weekdays for each symbol. So after 4 : 30 PM (20 minutes delay), I start PSM Gold. 1 or 2 minutes later, all symbols are updated (I have about  800 symbols in 2 folders). I click on the first symbol of the folder and I SHIFT click on the last symbol of the folder to select all symbols. I go to FILE, EXPORT and I select MetaStock data TYPE and enter a filename to export the data. So you have a file ready to import in MS, in ASCII. After that, I open the DownLoader,  TOOLS, CONVERT, SOURCE :ASCII and DESTINATION FILE TYPE : MS. Pierre Tremblay Andrew S. Gibbons a écrit: Pierre, How do you do that? Thanks Andy --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pierre Tremblay wrote: Andrew, I use Personal Stock Monitor Gold to download EOD data in MS format. You can try it free for 30 days : http://www.personalstockmonitor.com/ Pierre Andrew S. Gibbons a écrit: It is possible to download CSV Excel Spreadsheets from Yahoo! Finance of prices of stocks and indicies. My question is this - how do I get this data into Metastock? Thanks Yahoo! Groups Links Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals Yahoo! Groups Links To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/equismetastock/  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.