[Metastockusers] Re: Exploration Limitation

You can use up to 6 input fuctions ia a custom indicator,
If you use the fml function of that indicator in an exploration,
then the default value of the input will be used to calculate the
indicator.

You can use up to 20 variables in an indicator, exploration, expert,
system tester.
Of those 20, you can reuse the variable name to recalculate another
variable after the first variable is no longer needed .

I will give you this advice now, If at all possible refrain from
using the Fml and VarFml functions unless it is a last resort.

If you ammend the fml later, you will have to go back and correct
all of the indicators and explorations and experts and system tests
that refer to the previous fml function.

It will become a real rats nest to correct!
 --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bellamy_29m@xxxx wrote:
> Brett,
>
> you can also 'export' some of your code into another custom
indicator
> and call on it using fml("indicator") or fmlvar
> ("indicator","variable").  By combining these methods you should
> really be able to make explorations of unlimited length.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> wabbit :D
>
> P.S. the price you pay for formula calls is a slower exploration,
> alleviated only with smarter code and faster computers!
>

> --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Brett
> >
> > The limitation per indicator and exploration column is 2499
> characters. This hasn't changed from MS 6.5 through to 8.01 as far
as
> I'm aware. There are many ways to conserve space but if you've
only
> got 1600 characters then I don't see your problem. Here are some
> suggestions for saving space.
> >

> >   1.. Keep variable names as short as possible.
> >   2.. Assign a variable name whenever an expression appears more
> than once.
> >   3.. Keep comments to a minimum.
> >   4.. Remove redundant code whenever and wherever you find it
> >   5.. Eliminate unnecessary brackets and spaces.
> >   6.. Look for the shortest way to write expressions without
> compromising accuracy.
> >   7.. Use the short version of all price arrays identifiers.
e.g.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511