[Metastockusers] Re: Exploration Limitation

Brett,

you can also 'export' some of your code into another custom indicator
and call on it using fml("indicator") or fmlvar
("indicator","variable").  By combining these methods you should
really be able to make explorations of unlimited length.

Hope this helps.

wabbit :D

P.S. the price you pay for formula calls is a slower exploration,
alleviated only with smarter code and faster computers!

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@xxxx>
wrote:
> Brett
>
> The limitation per indicator and exploration column is 2499
characters. This hasn't changed from MS 6.5 through to 8.01 as far as
I'm aware. There are many ways to conserve space but if you've only
got 1600 characters then I don't see your problem. Here are some
suggestions for saving space.

>   1.. Keep variable names as short as possible.
>   2.. Assign a variable name whenever an expression appears more
than once.
>   3.. Keep comments to a minimum.
>   4.. Remove redundant code whenever and wherever you find it
>   5.. Eliminate unnecessary brackets and spaces.
>   6.. Look for the shortest way to write expressions without
compromising accuracy.
>   7.. Use the short version of all price arrays identifiers. e.g.
use C instead of CLOSE.
> There are effectively six columns in the Explorer - six plus filter.
>

> MS 7.0 and above provided the ability to "batch" explorations
and/or feed the results from one exploration into the next.

> Roy

1,500 characters for an Exploration.

>     Is anyone aware of whether the newer Metastock versions, have a
way around this limitation? Or, if one can take the results of one
Exploration and use that as the input to a second Exploration?

>   Thanks in advance,
>
>   Brett
>   Do you Yahoo!?
>   Yahoo! Mail - More reliable, more storage, less spam

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511