[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How to remove 3 highest/lowest values in a range for Jose

Maybe the answer is a box-type filter:

==========
Box filter
==========
---8<------------------------------

{ Box filter v2.0 }
{ Filters out three-highest/lowest values }
{ ©Copyright 2004 Jose Silva }
{ http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/pegasus.htm }

{ Insert price or indicator formula below}
x:=Mo(5);

pds:=Input("HHV/LLV lookback periods",
 2,2520,21);

Hi1:=HHV(x,pds);
Hi2:=HHV(ValueWhen(1,x<Hi1,x),pds);
Hi3:=HHV(ValueWhen(1,x<Hi2,x),pds);
HiMin:=Min(Hi1,Min(Hi2,Hi3));

Lo1:=LLV(x,pds);
Lo2:=LLV(ValueWhen(1,x>Lo1,x),pds);
Lo3:=LLV(ValueWhen(1,x>Lo2,x),pds);
LoMin:=Max(Lo1,Max(Lo2,Lo3));

HiLim:=Max(HiMin,LoMin);
LoLim:=Min(HiMin,LoMin);
xBoxed:=If(x>HiLim,HiLim,If(x<LoLim,LoLim,x));

x;xBoxed

jose '-)