[Metastockusers] Re: Weekend Analysis 07 Mar 04

Martin,

I tried your code and can see where the bad signals occur. The best
way that I know to test the code and correct the erroneous signals is
to create a binary buy signal indicator and plot it on a chart.
Like this:

{BUY}
RSI(21)<50
AND
CCI(7)<100
AND
C>Mov(c,70,e)
AND
C<Mov(c,20,e)
AND
(Mov(C,20,E) >Mov(C,50,E))
and
(Hammer() or BullHaramiCross() or LongLowerShadow() OR RisingWindow()
OR 3WhiteSoldiers() OR EngulfingBull())

This will produce a 1 when the condition is true. Next add the RSI
and CCI to the chart. Plot your MA's on the price. Next open up the
binary and bracket out {} the different sections one at a time. I
think the candles are okay. I would focus on the timeframes. Just off
the top of my head I see a short-term CCI with a intermediate-term
RSI. Hope this helps.

Preston

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Martin Blain" <martin@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dusant
> The code seems to work well when it works. It just that it picks up
the wrong signals sometimes. I realize I could just ignore bad
signals. My biggest problem lies with the and(s) and or(s)
> Martin Blain
> Burlington Ontario

extensive. My website is taking more of my time. What I can suggest
is that you create an expert, with signals, so that you can scroll
thru a number of stocks in a very short while. It will give you
a "gut feel" of the system.

>   Dusant
>   Chief Architect
>   http//www.candlestrength.com/

70dma. The 20dma is above the 50dma. This last part doesn't seem to
work all the time. Same for the Candlesticks. Sometimes I get false
signals.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511