Re: [Metastockusers] Re: System Tester Signal Delay

error error!!!! My English is really poor :-)

Anyway I think I'll use close and zero delay.

r.

<BLOCKQUOTE

  Thank you Joe.
  You confirm what my bad memory suggested.

  And if the story is old I've to suppose there is no way to overcome the
  error by using some formula adjustement :-(

  Maybe in future versions
  (mine is 7.20, but I don't know if for 8.01 it's the same)...

  r.

  <BLOCKQUOTE
  >It's
    certainly some sort of bad news. I only discovered this after I payed
    $1,500 to get APS Automatic Pattern Search (<A
    href="">www.tradingpatterns.com), which I
    highly recommend by the way. After I back-tested some of the patterns I
    found with APS, I imported the code in system tester and I got different
    results. In the beginning I thought APS was wrong and I asked about this
    difference in the results. They sent me a flowchart of their
    back-testing algorithm. Then I sat down with a trader who is profficient
    in programming and figured out that Metastock ignores new signals
    generated at the same bar a open position is closed and thus APS was
    correct. Now I use APS exclusively to generate my pattern signals and
    Metastock to display indicators only. I miss no continuation patterns,
    that's where I found out the money is.That's an old story r.
    Joe--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin
    Hood" <robinhood@xxxx> wrote:> opsss.... I have forgetted
    open +1 in system tester options!!! Sorry for the stupid question
    :-)> > But now a real problem: when I've a false signal which
    is "valid" only for one bar (say we have a continuation pattern) and the
    day after the graphical signal reverse, the system doesn't reverse the
    position because for it it's time to enter with one day delay in the
    wrong position. One bar inversion let the system become "blind" by
    using one day delay.> Surely this isn't a news for all you, but
    for me is a bad one.> > r.> > > >
    >   I build a signal in expert advisor refering to a cross
    between an indicator>   and its moving average written
    as the difference betweem them ((a-mov(a))>0>   or
    <0.>   Then I used system tester by using the same idea
    but the cross in this case>   is given from the fact
    that today the difference has a sign and yesterday>
    another (ref -1).> >   Is there a reason why the
    system tester calculates the signal a day after>   the
    perfect one of expert advisor?> >   r.>
    >   ps - by using the "cross" function I have the same
    the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

    Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
      href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/

      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
      href="">Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/