[Metastockusers] Re: System Tester Signal Delay

It's certainly some sort of bad news. I only discovered this after I
payed $1,500 to get APS Automatic Pattern Search
(www.tradingpatterns.com), which I highly recommend by the way. After
I back-tested some of the patterns I found with APS, I imported the
code in system tester and I got different results. In the beginning I
thought APS was wrong and I asked about this difference in the
results. They sent me a flowchart of their back-testing algorithm.
Then I sat down with a trader who is profficient in programming and
figured out that Metastock ignores new signals generated at the same
bar a open position is closed and thus APS was correct. Now I use APS
exclusively to generate my pattern signals and Metastock to display
indicators only. I miss no continuation patterns, that's where I
found out the money is.

That's an old story r.

Joe

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood" <robinhood@xxxx>
wrote:
> opsss.... I have forgetted open +1 in system tester options!!!
Sorry for the stupid question :-)

> But now a real problem: when I've a false signal which is "valid"
only for one bar (say we have a continuation pattern) and the day
after the graphical signal reverse, the system doesn't reverse the
position because for it it's time to enter with one day delay in the
wrong position. One bar inversion let the system become "blind" by
using one day delay.
> Surely this isn't a news for all you, but for me is a bad one.
>
> r.
>

>   I build a signal in expert advisor refering to a cross between an
indicator
>   and its moving average written as the difference betweem them ((a-
mov(a))>0
>   or <0.
>   Then I used system tester by using the same idea but the cross in
this case
>   is given from the fact that today the difference has a sign and
yesterday
>   another (ref -1).
>
>   Is there a reason why the system tester calculates the signal a
day after
>   the perfect one of expert advisor?
>
>   r.
>
>   ps - by using the "cross" function I have the same delay... :-(

Service.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: