Re: [Metastockusers] Re: System Tester Signal Delay

Thank you Joe.
You confirm what my bad memory suggested.

And if the story is old I've to suppose there is no way to overcome the
error by using some formula adjustement :-(

Maybe in futures versions (mine is 7.20, but I don't know if for 8.01 it's
the same)...

r.

<BLOCKQUOTE
>It's
  certainly some sort of bad news. I only discovered this after I payed
  $1,500 to get APS Automatic Pattern Search (<A
  href="">www.tradingpatterns.com), which I
  highly recommend by the way. After I back-tested some of the patterns I
  found with APS, I imported the code in system tester and I got different
  results. In the beginning I thought APS was wrong and I asked about this
  difference in the results. They sent me a flowchart of their back-testing
  algorithm. Then I sat down with a trader who is profficient in programming
  and figured out that Metastock ignores new signals generated at the same
  bar a open position is closed and thus APS was correct. Now I use APS
  exclusively to generate my pattern signals and Metastock to display
  indicators only. I miss no continuation patterns, that's where I found
  out the money is.That's an old story r. Joe---
  In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood" <robinhood@xxxx>
  wrote:> opsss.... I have forgetted open +1 in system tester
  options!!! Sorry for the stupid question :-)> > But now a
  real problem: when I've a false signal which is "valid" only for one bar
  (say we have a continuation pattern) and the day after the graphical
  signal reverse, the system doesn't reverse the position because for it
  it's time to enter with one day delay in the wrong position. One bar
  inversion let the system become "blind" by using one day delay.>
  Surely this isn't a news for all you, but for me is a bad one.>
  > r.> > > > >   I build a
  signal in expert advisor refering to a cross between an
  indicator>   and its moving average written as the
  difference betweem them ((a-mov(a))>0>   or
  <0.>   Then I used system tester by using the same idea
  but the cross in this case>   is given from the fact that
  today the difference has a sign and yesterday>   another
  (ref -1).> >   Is there a reason why the system tester
  calculates the signal a day after>   the perfect one of
  expert advisor?> >   r.> >
  ps - by using the "cross" function I have the same delay... :-(>

  the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

  Yahoo! Groups Links

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/