[Metastockusers] Re: Custom Indicator and variable input

Tushar Chande uses this method to filter out spikes in his cmo

momu:=If(C>Ref(C,-1),C-Ref(C,-1),0);
momd:=If(C<Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-1)-C,0);
A1:=Stdev(momu,100);
A2:=Stdev(momd,100);
Mup:=If(C-Ref(C,-1)>A1,C-Ref(C,-1),A1);
Mdn:=If(Ref(C,-1)-C>A2,Ref(C,-1)-C,A2);
Per1:=Input("Length of CMO",5,100,13);
Pk:=100*((Sum(Mup,Per1)-Sum(Mdn,Per1))
/(Sum(Mup,Per1)+Sum(Mdn,Per1)));
Pk;

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood" <robinhood@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thank you for the input Henry :-)
>

> However, I think there isn't a simple way to increase and decrease
the number of periods calculated in the process.

> I've to study about this.
>
> r.
>

>   This is how you can create an adaptive indicator
>
>   A:=P;
>   Periods:=Input("Time Periods",1,1000, 10);
>   Direction:=A - Ref(A,-periods);
>   Volatility:= Sum(Abs(ROC(A,1,$)),periods);
>   ER:= Abs(Direction/Volatility);
>   FastSC:=2/(2 + 1);
>   SlowSC:=2/(30 + 1);
>   SSC:=ER*(FastSC - SlowSC) + SlowSC;
>   Constant:=Pwr(SSC,2);
>   AMA:=If(Cum(1)=periods +1,Ref(A,-1) + constant * (A - Ref(A,-
>   1)),PREV + constant * (A - PREV));
>   AMA
>
>   --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood"
<robinhood@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   > Hi Henry,
>   >
>   > I want to make variable the input period of an indicator and
do
>   this by using a mathematical expression which modifies the
starting
>   input period (which is fixed).
>   >
>   > So, we may say that I want to make adaptive the indicator,
yes :-)
>   >
>   > But it seems the indicator editor doesn't accept this.
>   >
>   > r.
>   >
>   >
I'll
>   >   obtain a
>   >   > variable input for a personal function.
>   >   >
>   >   > __ For example: ______________________
>   >   >
>   >   > n0:= Input("n0",1,1000,20);
>   >   > n1:=n0* (expression of my input function );
>   >   >
>   >   > (MyIndicator which uses n1 as input)
>   >   >
>   >   > ____________________________________
>   >   >
>   >   > Metastock says me "this variable and expression must
contain
>   only
>   >   constant
>   >   > data" referred to n1.
>   >   >
>   >   > So, I'd like a variable input for my indicator (hehehe as
>   >   everyone?) and I
>   >   > don't know the right formulation of it.
>   >   >
>   >   > I suppose I could try with "if statements"?
>   >   >
>   >   >
>   >   >
>   >   > Thanks in advance
>   >   >
>   >   > rob.
>   >
>   >
>   >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>   Service.
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511