Re: [Metastockusers] Re: Custom Indicator and variable input

Thank you for the input Henry :-)

However, I think there isn't a simple way to increase and decrease the
number of periods calculated in the process.

I've to study about this.

r.

<BLOCKQUOTE

  This is how you can create an adaptive
  indicatorA:=P;Periods:=Input("Time Periods",1,1000,
  10);Direction:=A - Ref(A,-periods);Volatility:=
  Sum(Abs(ROC(A,1,$)),periods);ER:=
  Abs(Direction/Volatility);FastSC:=2/(2 + 1);SlowSC:=2/(30 +
  1);SSC:=ER*(FastSC - SlowSC) +
  SlowSC;Constant:=Pwr(SSC,2);AMA:=If(Cum(1)=periods +1,Ref(A,-1) +
  constant * (A - Ref(A,-1)),PREV + constant * (A -
  PREV));AMA--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood"
  <robinhood@xxxx> wrote:> Hi Henry,> > I want to
  make variable the input period of an indicator and do this by using a
  mathematical expression which modifies the starting input period (which is
  fixed).> > So, we may say that I want to make adaptive the
  indicator, yes :-)> > But it seems the indicator editor doesn't
  accept this.> > r.> > >   -----
  Original Message ----- >   From: Henry Z Kaczmarczyk
  Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 3:00 PM>   Subject:
  [Metastockusers] Re: Custom Indicator and variable input> >
  >   Rob,>   I have a few questions as to
  what you are trying to do?> >   Do you want an
  adaptive indicator that adjusts to market conditions?>
  Or are you trying to create a variable?> >
  Henry>   --- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robin Hood"
  <robinhood@xxxx> >   wrote:>
  > Sorry for the - I think - stupid question...>   >
  >   > I want to have two values to let evaluate to
  Metastock: n0 (the >   initial>   >
  time), and n1 (time evaluated today) in such a way that I'll
  >   obtain a>   > variable input for a
  personal function.>   > >   > __ For
  example: ______________________>   > >
  > n0:= Input("n0",1,1000,20);>   > n1:=n0* (expression
  of my input function );>   > >   >
  (MyIndicator which uses n1 as input)>   >
  ____________________________________>   >
  >   > Metastock says me "this variable and expression must
  contain only >   constant>   > data"
  referred to n1.>   > >   > So, I'd
  like a variable input for my indicator (hehehe as >
  everyone?) and I>   > don't know the right formulation of
  it.>   > >   > I suppose I could try
  with "if statements"?>   > >   >
  >   > >   > Thanks in
  advance>   > >   > rob.>