Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] MS under Linux Win emulator?

Greetings,

WINE is a hit-and-miss program.  For all the myriad tasks it does, I find it unlikely that it will
run under WINE.  You'll have to stick with windows.

I'll try to address you issues with XP.

I'm a programmer and do many hideous things to my computer (running XP) and I only have it lockup
about once a month (if not less).  Has your machine always crashed?  If so, buy a better CPU fan.
I've found that in many "unstable" Windows XP boxes it's the hardware and not that software that
is unstable.  It usually turns out that either the CPU fan/heatsink is sub par, or that the
heatsink has become caked in dust.  If it is covered in dust, blow it clean with some canned air.

To deal with spyware, go to http://spybot.safer-networking.de/index.php?lang=en&page=start .  They
have a free spyware removal tool that is absolutely free.  If you do like it, donate a few bucks.

To show all files, take these steps:

1) Click on "My Computer"
2) Click on the "Tools" menu item.
3) Click on "Folder Options".
4) In the "Folder Options" dialogue window, click on the "View" tab.
5) In the "Advanced Settings" portion of the "View" tab, click on the "Show hidden files and
folder" radio button.
6) Click on the "OK" button and Windows will no longer hide files or folders from you.  Bear in
mind that this is a mixed blessing.  You now have the opportunity to delete important folders and
files on your system.

For a great, and free, anti-virus program, go to http://www.grisoft.com .  It's a Czechoslovakian
software company that provides its product freely for home use.  It's what I use at home.

Lastly, if you're not very knowledgeable about Windows XP, purchase this book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764508938/qid=1070920423/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-1602359-9543317
.  The Dummies series of books are great for sliding easily into a new subject.

Good luck,

Conrad

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511