Re: [Metastockusers] More Clayburg - Forward References

Jay

The following code taken from the Enter Long side of the "PS Fractal Trading
System 1" system in MS 7.2 (and above) is a good example of how a peak
preceded by two lower highs and followed by two lower highs can be coded and
the vale of the peak captured without resorting to positive references. The
second formula is variation on the same code that also detects two
contiguous peak bars of the same value.

The only difference between this and positive reference code performing the
same task is the point of reference. I maintain that the point of reference
should always be from the present looking backwards (to the past), not from
some point in the past looking further into the past and also into the
future.

Roy

  {PS Fractal Trading System 1} {Enter Long}
F1:=ValueWhen(1, H < Ref(H,-2) AND
Ref(H,-1) < Ref(H,-2) AND
Ref(H,-3) < Ref(H,-2) AND
Ref(H,-4) < Ref(H,-2),Ref(H,-2));
Cross(H,F1);

  {Fractal High}
Single:=Ref(H,-2)>Ref(H,-4) AND
 Ref(H,-2)>Ref(H,-3) AND
 Ref(H,-2)>Ref(H,-1) AND
 Ref(H,-2)>H;
Double:=Ref(H,-2)>Ref(H,-5) AND
 Ref(H,-2)>Ref(H,-4) AND
 Ref(H,-2)=Ref(H,-3) AND
 Ref(H,-2)>Ref(H,-1) AND
 Ref(H,-2)>H;
F:=ValueWhen(1,Single OR Double ,Ref(H,-2));
F;

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511