Re: [Metastockusers] More Clayburg - Forward References

In a message dated 11/24/2003 1:32:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Virtually all code written using positive references can be rewritten withnegative references alone and still provide the same information in the sametimely manner.
I use Clayburg's support and resistance in an Expert and find them valuable for stop/entry points.  I see no other way to create the symbols than to code a forward reference for a Category 2 (or 1 or 3) support or resistance.  If you have a method to do this exclusively with negative references, please post.

Category 2 support:  A low range (not close) preceded by two ranges that were higher ranges, and followed by two higher ranges.

Category 2 resistance: The reverse of the above.

This support and resistance will not display until two days (tics) after the occurrence and makes an excellent entry/stop point.  Several people on this list have been asking for Clayburg formulas and to deny the forward reference is to deny them that information.

I still use the When statement (simply a variation of an If statement) in some of my formulas and it is still supported by MetaStock.  I see nothing wrong with passing on all information regarding MetaStock code.

Again, please post a formula that supports Category 2 formulas without a forward reference.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor