[Metastockusers] Re: Systems Development & Futrues Magazine

If you don't trade futures don't subscribe to the Futures Magazine.
Get Techncial Analysis and Stock and Commodities. Tech Analysis is
better for systems development. Read Futures at Borders.

JO

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ktlau" <ktlau@xxxx> wrote:
> Jo,
> thanks for the advice.
> I want to start a subscription to the trade magazine and is now
faced
> with the choice of either the Future's Mag or the Technical
Analysis of
> Stock and Commoditiy Mag, How should I make the choice?
>
> Tony

development
> experience, these two books are really good.
>
> A lot of the TradeStation code can not be ported over to MS
directly.
> Some of the general system's building concepts, however, are very
> useful.
>
> According to Futures Truth, the five approaches used by the best
> trading systems are;
>
> Donchian Channels
> Moving Average Crossovers
> Short-Term volatility
> S&P Day trade
> Pattern Recognition
>
> I've posted systems using three of those techniques and got dissed
> for it. You can bet I won't bother again, but if you read the books
> mentioned you'll learn how some of those systems are developed, and
> how you can use those approaches to improve your on systems. My
best
> systems, and everyday drivers, are based on a couple of these.
>
> The only drawback I can see is dozens of posts wanting someone else
> to write code to port the tradestation stuff to MS. I guess it's
time
> you learned to code your own stuff! A little trial and error, not
> mention thinking, does wonders.
>
> JO
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cb3gvu9/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=
eg

roupweb/S=1705001779:HM/EXP=1069203185/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411w
eb
> .com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511