RE: [Metastockusers] Systems Development & Futrues Magazine

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Jo,
thanks
for the advice.
I want
to start a subscription to the trade magazine and is now faced with the choice
of either the Future's Mag or the Technical Analysis of Stock and
Commoditiy Mag, How should I make the choice?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Tony

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: manohohman
  [mailto:kelols@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 8:53
  AMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [Metastockusers] Systems Development & Futrues
  MagazineThere is a good article in this month's
  Future's Magazine on system development and how to do testing. It is worth
  reading. By the way, some of the people interviewed praised MS's
  formula language. That's contrary to what I hear on here. The two
  book reviews were on Build Winning Trading Systems with TradeStation by
  Pruitt and The Encyclopedia of Technical Market Indicators by Colby.
  I've read both of these books and I highly recommend them for the
  experienced systems development person. If you can't program in MS and
  are a novice at systems development, you'll be wasting your time and
  money. But if you can program and have some system's development
  experience, these two books are really good. A lot of the
  TradeStation code can not be ported over to MS directly. Some of the
  general system's building concepts, however, are very useful.
  According to Futures Truth, the five approaches used by the best
  trading systems are;Donchian ChannelsMoving Average
  CrossoversShort-Term volatilityS&P Day tradePattern
  RecognitionI've posted systems using three of those techniques and got
  dissed for it. You can bet I won't bother again, but if you read the books
  I mentioned you'll learn how some of those systems are developed, and
  how you can use those approaches to improve your on systems. My best
  systems, and everyday drivers, are based on a couple of these.
  The only drawback I can see is dozens of posts wanting someone else
  to write code to port the tradestation stuff to MS. I guess it's time
  you learned to code your own stuff! A little trial and error, not to
  mention thinking, does wonders. JOTo
  to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use
  of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.