[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Data Question

--Eric,
I'm a big fan of ML Downloader in particular. Sorry to hear that you
have had trouble with it. I have done all kinds of doing and re-doing
with it and had no troubles at all.  I just wonder if you are not
encountering bad data. That seems to be a semi-regular deal with
yahoo and quote. I've had a ton of data trouble but it wasn't the
fault of any of the downloaders I've tried. If you have trouble with
MLD, e-mail Peter, the developer and he'll fix you right up.  If you
find a bug, he would really like to know about it.  Good trading.

Bob

- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ericvonbar <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> Be aware this program has some nasty side effects.  If messed up a
> lot of my data files and even refused to load data for some dates.
> Make a back up of your data before trying it!!.While it has a lot
of
> nice features it also has a convoluted interface.  There are better
> and faster downloaders out there.  Too bad - because this program
> would be nice if it did not have so many bugs.
>
> Eric
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary <gary.keeney@xxxx>"
> <gary.keeney@xxxx> wrote:
> > I've just tried out ML Downloader on Yahoo EOD data, and it seems
> > work really well.  I just tried it with a simple download to an
> ascii
> > file, but it also seems to have some additional functions like
> > directly updating MetaStock data files and filling in gaps in the
> > data (like if you don't download for several days).
> >
> > A question for other users here - I'm actually trying to use
> > MLDownloader to access Quote.com (QCharts/Lycos Finance)
historical