Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Data Question

Hi

All these downloaders are at the mercy of the data
providers.  There seem to be problems with their data
from time to time.  In particular, a lot of the Yahoo
data has been late or missing recently.  Last week
historic data for UK stocks was only provided for the
2nd, 4th, and 6th Dec, although Yahoo has now added
the missing days.  If you download historic data with
Mldownloader, etc. while there are gaps, the database
will obviously have these gaps.  At least with
Mldownloader it does seem to work well once you have a
complete and up-to-date database, because it does not
use historic data for daily updates.  The same does
not seem to be true for MetaQuote.  I am nearly at the
end of the trial period and it has only worked with UK
stocks on about four occasions.  I may just stick to
manual downloads of Yahoo's daily data and the MS
Downloader.  This seems to be reliable and its totally
free.

Regards

Robert Penfold