Re: Absolute Fastest Hardware Configuration for Explorations

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Absolute Fastest Hardware Configuration for Explorations
  • From: Chuck Engstrom <engstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:17:52 -0800

At 09:20 AM 12/22/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>If you have recent experience with this matter, please offer your advise.  I
>think the two primary hardware bottleneck decisions would be:
>
>--- SCSI Ultra-2 hard drive (and controller card) versus EIDE Ultra ATA-66
>
>--- Specific choice of motherboard and CPU

FWIW ---

January '00 MAXIMUM PC magazine, p. 61, rates the Micron Millenia Max
"Fastest Intel PC We've Seen." Tyan Trinity 400  motherboard with 733Mhz
P-III, ATA-66 IBM 7200rpm IBM DeskStar, etc etc. Gets their "Kick A--" award.

MAXIMUM PC is a performance-oriented magazine with plenty of "attitude"
expressed in its contents and style.

Best wishes to all on the list for happy holidays and a properous new year.

Chuck Engstrom