TASC November 99 - Detecting New Trends Early- Mass Index

List,

In TASC November Mag, there is an article on page 60 "Detecting New Trends
Early" dealing with
Mass Index and MFI.

My problem is from EOD data exported from TC2000, I do not find the same
entry point on April 98 as the author with the Mass Index on 25 days. As
Mass Index is computed using moving averages, I tried using data starting in
92, but the signal does not have the same pattern as in figure 1.

In the article, Steckler is using CGQ for Windows.

I was wondering if the problem come from the TC2000 Data or from a
difference in computing Mass Index between CGQ and Metastock (such as the
exponential weighting in the moving average).

Any feedback on that article ?

Thank you

Laurent GITTLER
lgittler@xxxxxxxxxxx