Re: Alphabetical Order

  • To: "Metastock-List" <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Alphabetical Order
  • From: "A.J. Maas" <anthmaas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:12:48 -0800

That's odd:
-click Open
-click radio button for Symbols(instead of Names) and it will not give here a change
  in ranking at all. Eg, the originaly ranking for secs by "Names"(eg secs
  alpahabeticaly ranked by Name) will be kept in-tact in full, whilst only the secs "Names"
  will now change to and be shown as Symbols, eg same secs (by Name) ranking but
  with now their consequtive representing "Symbols" being listed (thus un-alphabaticaly).

Answer to your question:
-standard feature in Win9x (eg apply this f.i. in Win9x Explorer) is that clicking
  on any of the view pane's topbars, will alphabeticaly rank down (or up, click again)
  that particular's Folder's contents by that particular topbar('s column")
-if the bars are not visable in the Win9x Explorer's right pane, then go to View|Details
  to have the view pane window's contents displayed "in detail".

so in MSK/DL:
-click "Open"
-click the "Details"-button at the top-right (for this opened Folder, you
  will now have unique top bars with headers like "Names" and "Symbols" etc.)

then
-click the "Names" radiobutton
-click the "Names" top bar to alphabetically rank this Folders contents by Name
or
-click the "Symbols" radiobutton
-click the "Symbols" top bar to do the same for Symbols

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying and
note the new address change. Also for my Homepage
http://home.planet.nl/~anthmaas