PC and Network Security

FYI:

www.networkice.com

PC Magazine just ran an article about "BlackICE Defender" in their most
recent publication.  In the past, I've been slow to implement security
walls and software in my systems and network.  No more.  I loaded
BlackICE Defender and within a few hours it found intruders scanning my
systems (connected to the internet through a cable modem).

Beware.

Time                        Attack                        Intruder
1999-11-23 15:41:12  WhatsUp scan           catvfw.avis.ne.jp

  Scan. The Ipswitch product WhatsUp is being used to probe your system
for vulnerabilities.    WhatsUp is a commercially available program
which is intended to be used to probe a user's own systems for
vulnerabilities, and is not meant to be used to probe other systems.