Re: Increasing the MetaStock(R) Formula Language with MetaStock 7

Thanks for your email

No I had not heard of any of the traders that I know trading that
inefficiency. Usually they like to trade "boat races", i.e., highly
predictable situations. John Sweeney at TASC sent me the following email
last year about trading a specific market inefficiency.

"... This seems fine. I study the quantity "will meet or have exceeded $XX"
as a
minimum amount to say the trade is behaving normally and, therefore, it's
worth continuing or adding to it at that point. The difference is that
where, for example, you use 65% at day three, I'm interested in 99% at day
three. See the difference?

John ..."

Hopefully the general examples that I gave can get you started in thinking
about looking for market inefficiencies. Most traders are not used to
thinking strategically about "where's the money" but instead are focused on
the noise of the markets.

I don't know about whether "Metastock works" as you put it ... the only
thing that I can say is that Metastock was bought by a data company and not
by a trading/brokerage company. I can only assume that if it "worked" then
it would have been bought up, taken in-house to generate profits and removed
from the retail market as usually happens.

Best regards

Walter