Re: Increasing the MetaStock(R) Formula Language with MetaStock 7

  • To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Increasing the MetaStock(R) Formula Language with MetaStock 7
  • From: "Walter Lake" <wlake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 07:16:42 -0800

Hi Daniel

I believe you when you wrote "... , but becoming proficient at  programming
could take up to a year. ..." I was looking back at my old emails and it was
a year ago last October when I first started writing to Ton, Martin and
Harley et al for advice on how to use Excel with Metastock. I could barely
open a file correctly back then. So I know how steep the learning curve can
be.

You're right about traders buying off the shelf packages especailly
specialized programs such as "RadarScreen" if they are "scanner" traders.
Being a "niche" trader" a lot of stuff doesn't exist or if it does exist and
is any good then it is soon bought up and taken in house. This has happened
to me twice now. So "Hi Ho, Hi Ho ... it's off to programming I go" <G>

Do you have a web site for RadarScreen, etc.?

Best regards

Walter