Weekly Pick

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A very volatile week
that was hard on the nerves, but when all was said and done my portfolio was up
a little.&nbsp; I guess any week you make a gain is a good week, even if you do
get stopped out of one of your positions (see below).&nbsp; I am getting more
nervous about this market and keep looking at the indices for a reason to pull
back, but I don't see any problems except for the DJI.&nbsp; The DJI does look
like it may be trying to break through the bottom of its Short Term Up Trend
Channel (STUTC) and that may be an early warning.&nbsp; If it does break it
could be time for another market correction or a rotation from the large caps to
the mid and small caps.&nbsp; I think we will be safe through the end of the
year, but I'll be watching closely every day.&nbsp; I don't want to give all
these good profits back &lt;G&gt;.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; With the DJI looking
vulnerable, I'm going to continue adding positions for now, but will avoid the
large cap market leaders for a while.&nbsp; This week's pick is a small cap
momentum play that turned up on the scans I ran this week.&nbsp; It is Rowe
Furniture Corporation (ROW).&nbsp; This will be a diversification into the
furniture industry which I haven't traded for a long time.&nbsp; The story here
is that the new and resale housing market has been exceptionally strong for
several months and should continue with interest rates still dropping.&nbsp;
Whenever, the housing market booms, the furniture market soon follows.&nbsp; ROW
designs and produces upholstered furniture such as sofas, sleeper sofas, love
seats,&nbsp; and chairs.&nbsp; It also produces furniture accessories such as
tables, lighting, and art.&nbsp; Its products are available in 500 different
fabrics in traditional, contemporary, and country styles.&nbsp; It markets
through more than 1000 furniture retailers and 100 Rowe ShowPlace
locations.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ROW at&nbsp; 11 1/2
closed at a 52 week high Friday.&nbsp; It is in a standard deviation STUTC with
the top (deviation set at 2) at 13.9 and the bottom (deviation set at 1) at 10
1/8.&nbsp; It set an all time high of 12.8s way back in 1994.&nbsp; From there
it fell to a low of 3 7/8 in Jan96.&nbsp; After that it started a long term rise
breaking out of its down trend channel in late 96.&nbsp; It peaked in early 97
and then fell back to the bottom of its up trend channel in late 97.&nbsp; After
that it rose to a new 52 week high in early 98 and then fell back to the bottom
of its up trend channel again in Oct98.&nbsp; From there it started a strong up
move on good momentum to form the current STUTC.&nbsp; The fundamentals are
great with a price/sales of 0.79, PE of 14.2, Debt/Equity of 0.12, sales growing
at 35% annually, and income growing at 150% annually.&nbsp; I'll open a position
sometime Monday Morning.&nbsp; Since this is a small cap stock, I don't think a
market order at the open is a good idea.&nbsp; I'll wait until about 30 minutes
after the open and see if a market or limit order then makes sense.&nbsp; I
don't want to chase a stock like this, there is always another time or another
stock.&nbsp; I won't set a target since the STUTC isn't very wide and this is a
momentum play in new 52 week high territory and close to its all time
high.&nbsp; I will set the stop at 9 3/4 just under the bottom of the
STUTC.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'll send a ROW.GIF
chart to everyone on the chart email list.&nbsp; If you aren't on the list and
want on, just yell.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>JimG</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sun Dec 13 01:36:44 1998