RE: World's Best Macro Program - Fw: WinCron 1.32 released

Complicated.  Hardly?  Do I like typing code you bet.  Was unaware that
clockman was freeware.  Will check it out....

> Otherwise, if I would like to pay for an standard
> automation-program, programs
> that ought to come FREE with your OS, like old Dos-Batch is in
> Win95, I prefer
> ClockMan95 well over WinBatch.
> Both are using the same basis as lango(WIL) but ClockMan95 is luxurious
> equiped with very extensive Help-files and also AutomationTools
> that WinBatch
> clearly misses out on, incl. such equipment as an especialy
> Downloader-ready
> AutoDial Tool and a also a very special and handy ClockMan's
> Automation Editor.

I used to use clockman prior to winbatch and I really think back of it as a
Toy not a tool.

BTW: you can easily dial the internet from winbatch.  I don't know what an
automation editor is so I can't comment here....

> However, an automation tool-module should be standard included in your OS
> and also in your main other OS like programs, like Excel/Office
> is equiped with.
> Metastock is such a main program as well and should standard be
> equiped with
> extensive automationing tools. Otherwise a future switch over to
> Excel can well
> be considered. Who needs fancy charting programs, with so many
> limitations?
> In Excel most formulas that do not work in Metatsock, can be set to work.
> In Excel most data handling jobs that do not work in Downloader,
> can be set to work.
> In Excel most to be handled jobs can be automated.
> Only requirement for Excel is its graphical module to be updated
> to MetaStock
> standards. With Excel you can then save on the odd $'s too as it
> all comes FREE
> with the program.

Agreed. Technifilter has automation built in.  NT actually has a CRON like
utility called AT that is inluded but lacks a robust batch language.

> As this automation is currently not included MetaStock, WinCron
> is then the best
> alternative as it is FREE available and also very EASY to learn.
> From corresponding with its owner and developer Steve, understand
> that plenty of
> future enhancements will become available 'nearly' on monthly
> basis. And any
> request for the by you wanted additions is keen considered and
> when possible will
> be auto implemented in the next edition. What more do you or we want?

Its sounds very good. I will give it a try....