RE: TC2000 vs QP2

Yes or.  Go TC2K V4 to V3 to Metastock using data con.   It certainly could
be easier.

> On the contrary QP2 has no industry groups nor it has CD ROM automatically
> sent 4 times a year (this is an option in QP2 called IRL priced
> $229.00/year
> for the IRL software and database).

QP2 does have IRL industry groups built in updated weekly as well as S& P
Data.  There is no CD update as they want you to maintain the DB on the HD.
I consider this a +.  Those with a smaller HD may consider it a -.   HD's
are cheap now.

> I would like to get some feedback about QP2 / TC2000 users on those issues
> or other issues either in QP2/TC2000, or any other daily data feed.
>
> Laurent GITTLER

Things I like about TC2000. Earlier Data avaialability for dirty data.
Similar time 6:30 to get Clean data.  TC2000 has a very nice list management
system.  Seems easier to use for novices.

QP2 advantages.  Fast more robust scanning than for tecnicals and
funnymentals.  Better support for metastock in numerous ways.  Update
Existing Data, QPV, QP_LC.   Has hooks to completely automate the whole
procedure which is not possible in  TC2K.

Both programs are garning support in the industry for reading the favorite
formats natively and eliminating metastock data ll together.  Currently QP2
has native support from Advanced GET, Byte into the Market, and
Technifilter+.  TC2K V4 has a couple including omnitrader and more.  There
are still quite a few programs that read V3 natively.  Both these companies
GIVE you the API to access their data with the package so if you want to
write your own charting software you can.   I think it would be hard to go
wrong with either one although QP2 does seem to favor users of metastock
data more.

Sean