RE: QP2 / metastock calculation differences

Speaking in general terms: no 2 algorithms will give the same answer.  Back
in the '60s or early '70s I saw a comparison of algorithms and computers.
The author took 3 equations in 3 unknowns (x, y , and z) and solved them
using different algorithms on the same computer and the same algorithms on
different computers.  I dont remember the exact numbers, but some of the
results were off by as much as 50%, some were quite close.  The author used
x = y = z = 1

All,

Well that was many years ago. Too assume that today is nonsense.  I port
complex numerical algorithms all the tim to/from different algorithms,
programming languagues and platforms.  the IEEE standard for floating point
#'s has removed a lot of the ambiguity that used to exist and this is
certainly a non issue today.  Those who feel that it is difficult to do are
just ignorant because its quite easy.

Sean