Re: QP2 / metastock calculation differences

Bob:

Speaking in general terms: no 2 algorithms will give the same answer.  Back
in the '60s or early '70s I saw a comparison of algorithms and computers.
The author took 3 equations in 3 unknowns (x, y , and z) and solved them
using different algorithms on the same computer and the same algorithms on
different computers.  I dont remember the exact numbers, but some of the
results were off by as much as 50%, some were quite close.  The author used
x = y = z = 1

Since the scans and the chart would/should be using the same algorithm, they
should be identical.  Since they are not, there is a defect in the
Quotes-Plus program.

The macd uses exponential moving averages.  The value of the moving averages
will depend on how much data is used.  If you are using more than about 5
times the long moving average, about 200 days, the differences should be
small enough to ignore.

Lionel Issen