Re: QP2 / metastock calculation differences

<<Since the scans and the chart would/should be using the same algorithm,
they should be identical.  Since they are not, there is a defect in the
Quotes-Plus program>> is wrong, Lionel.
The chart  loads all available data but  the scan won't use it all unless
you have daystoload = 2200;
  Don't want to get into algorithm polemics, thanks.

At 09:59 AM 11/24/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Bob:
>
>Speaking in general terms: no 2 algorithms will give the same answer.  Back
>in the '60s or early '70s I saw a comparison of algorithms and computers.
>The author took 3 equations in 3 unknowns (x, y , and z) and solved them
>using different algorithms on the same computer and the same algorithms on
>different computers.  I dont remember the exact numbers, but some of the
>results were off by as much as 50%, some were quite close.  The author used
>x = y = z = 1
>
>Since the scans and the chart would/should be using the same algorithm, they
>should be identical.  Since they are not, there is a defect in the
>Quotes-Plus program.
>
>The macd uses exponential moving averages.  The value of the moving averages
>will depend on how much data is used.  If you are using more than about 5
>times the long moving average, about 200 days, the differences should be
>small enough to ignore.
>
>Lionel Issen

Bob Jagow
bjagow@xxxxxxx