RE: Linear Regression system

I have been trying to find variables for the Linear Regression system
that would work reasonably well across a range of stocks. So far, I have
come up with:
opt 1 = 13
opt 2 = 5
opt 3 = 1
opt 4 = 3
opt 5 = 1

I'm doing this in the dark, because I don't really understand what these
variables represent. I'm still waiting for Steve Karnish to post his
essay on this. Anyway, these numbers work fairly well. Each stock I
tested could have been more "curve-fitted" but that's self-defeating. I
set the Options for "enter on the open, 1 day delayed, and exit on the
open, 1 day delayed." Results were good across most stocks.

Does anyone have any better variables or, would anyone like to test these
and post to the list how the results are?

One problem I noticed (using 6.51) is that where the entry and exit
signals appear on the chart, the price is given as "buy, date, price."
That price is the low for the day both on the entry and exit. I don't
know how to buy at the low of the day. If I did, I wouldn't be testing
systems. Does this mean that Metastock is actually calculating the
results wrong or just representing them with these flags inaccurately?

Gila