Re: Quotemonster

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, A.J. Maas wrote:

>  at free websites, you know what is said about cheap, you cannot expect much

Since Yahoo provides many free news services including quotes, it would
harm their reputation if it became widely known the the information they
provide were unreliable. They have a stake in knowing that the data they
provide is accurate. There is somewhat of an information revolution
occuring, with timely information previously difficult or costly to
obtain becoming freely available, from weather to earnings reports. QM is
merely one attempt to leverage some of this information. I have suggested
before that a comparison be made of time series from various vendors and
Yahoo. Only one taker so far. I have also published a script which may be
used to look for anomolies in the Yahoo data. So far, the only stated
conclusion was that the Yahoo indices data may be more accurate than that
published by QuotesPlus.

>   you mean Canadian Companies or US companies in CA $?  You should be able
> to find CA cos. on the CA stock exchanges.  Their tickers typically have a
> .ca or something similar after them.

The techniques used in QM are not applicable only to Yahoo data. If other
quote sources are found, whether Canadian stocks, commodities or even
fundamental data; if it is available over the Internet, QM can be
configured to retrieve it.

Cheers,

JimFrom ???@??? Sun Nov 08 12:13:44 1998