Re: [amibroker] Download speeds

Hi themuleskinner88,

All I can tell you is that we all have this problem, but even in
Japan, thousands and thousands of miles from the US and Yahoo
servers, I do not have it anywhere near as bad as you do.

Yes, I can do daily very quickly.  But I can also do historical back
to, say, 1/1/1992 for about two thousand stocks (if necessary, as it
was since I redid the US database to drop the least-significant 3
digits from volume) without that much trouble.  (It gets done in less
than 45 minutes.)

Everyone's pipe has a different diameter.  But I'm about 14 hops from
paradise, and I don't have too much trouble getting what I'm not
paying for.  ^_^

As for the inputting of data into AB ... it's not an issue.  I also
have 1 GB of memory.  If it takes you 24 hours to import ... I would
suggest that something is dreadfully wrong with your computer.  Mine
is now coming up on three years old, custom built (by me), with a P4
2.53 GHz processor.  I do not experience the drastic problems you
describe.

Yuki

t> Good morning,
t>     Am looking for suggestions on why my data download (Yahoo) takes
t> so long.  I can run the daily download quickly but if I loose a day
t> and need to do the historical download to catch up it takes forever.
t> It isn't the actual download but the inputting of the data into AB
t> that is very slow.  Have tried downloading and then importing.  The
t> download takes maybe an hour the import about 24 hours.  It also seems
t> as slow to do 2 days as 5 years.  The computer is fairly new and has a
t> gig of memory.  Any ideas appreciated.  thanks
t> John

24 Hours. Commission-Free.