RE: [amibroker] Re: to HERMAN: N100 Correlation table

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>ysk,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>the main problem is that AB cannot display string arrays in columns, to
make side by side ticker columns. If you would be willing to work with
stock-numbers then it could be done but for long lists this is quite messy and
subject to errors.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>There has been talk about string arrays for AB, when that capability
arrives your problem will be solved.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>I would suggest to seek ways in which to screen your securities, or use
DT's method to extract only relevant values from the
table.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: qqqqq_99999_qqqqq
  [mailto:qqqqq_99999_qqqqq@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: December 30, 2003 12:47
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  to HERMAN: N100 Correlation tableDave,Thank
  you for your suggestion.A SQL database would be a overkill for
  me.I probably don't need that much speed, flexibility and
  sophistication.I just want to create a sorted list of a million or two
  correlationsin columns, not in matrices.I can definitely live with
  AmiBroker's sorting speed and capability ifit can be done within
  AmiBroker.ysk--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill"
  <dmerrill@xxxx>wrote:> If you have access (negative pun
  intended) to a decent SQL database,you can> export really big stuff
  from AB, import it, and query on it any wayyou like> from there.
  It's faster and more flexible than sorting huge listsdirectly> in
  AB, and if need be you can query across multiple exports at once.>
  > I recently did a project this in Microsoft SQL Server. Not
  1000columns, but> more than Excel could handle, and it did fine. MS
  SQL I think islimited to> 1024 per table or view, but up to there
  you should be ok. Be awarethat the> DTS import wizard can't handle
  more than 255 columns, so you need touse the> SQL BULK INSERT
  command to import the data. I've had a major diskcrash, but> once
  the smoke clears from that I (hope to still) have tools to helpbuild
  a> .fmt file if you need to.> > Dave>
  Since I started losing column names around 625 columns,
  Iincorrectly>   assumed there was a limit.>
  >   I should have known better:> >
  THERE IS NO LIMIT FOR Almighty AmiBroker.> >   But
  poor Excel and I cannot handle that large matrix.>
  Considering my proficiency in Perl, I'd still prefer in a
  columnal>   form ( security1, security2 and correaltion
  columns ) for easy>   sorting.> >
  Any help would be appreciated.> >
  yskSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.