[amibroker] Re: Nonsense Numbers for data fields

Hal,
Another way to "import" tickers is to produce them through
AddToComposite() function.
The new ~ticker will be generated in AA window, will be automatically
placed into Group253 and will be there until you delete it.
There will be no limitations for zero or even negative values.
Example:
Select, say ^NDX as current ticker, set Range to All quotations [to
produce a ~ticker of equal length to ^NDX] and scan with

AddToComposite(3*Random()-1,"~R1","C");
Buy=0;

Now a new "~R1" ticker is created and imported to your symbol tree.
In indicator builder paste the

Plot(Foreign("~R1","C"),"Random Close",1,1);

to see the new ticker graph.
Now, I do not know how do you produce this nonsensical series of data
[is there any formal method like the random function used above ?].
More details would help to introduce your mechanism into the
AddToComposite formula and create some specific artificial ticker.
Many wishes for a happy new year !!

Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hal Brehe <infoads@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make 2 artificial data series that will not be
logical or ."checkable" to any OHLCV sequence. That is to say, there
will be zeros which are logical values in my scheme that may fall in
any location, and the relative value of one value to another is
strictly nonsensical. In other words, I would like to turn off the
usual data "checking" schemes while I utilize my "synthetic stocks'
value"

> I have spent a full day attempting to fool the present checking
schemes, without success.

> Is there a way that the logical OHLC checking scheme can be turned
off, and on, to allow this type of data to be acceptable & loaded? My
experience is that "nonsense" data cannot be loaded by any trickery
to be handled by the wizard or the ASCII loader and be stored in the
database. I would like to negate that logic at the users discretion.