Re: [amibroker] Pairs Trading (a definition for Dingo)

Yuki,

One more question....

I tried playing DIA / SPY pair... which worked OK
in just a short time frame (days / weeks), but the % return seems
limited.

Example: 100 shares DIA = $8,000 ......... 100
shares SPY = $8,500 (approximately). Total capital tied up $16.5K (or $8.25K on
margin)

The % return is the differential price movment ...
so relative to individual issue price movements it reduces your take (and risk)
significantly, especially when you consider paying (at least tying up your
money) for 2 items.

In short, what kind of % return (of your tied up
capital) are you getting to keep you happy
and roughly how long is a typical trade?

Have a great day

Ara

<BLOCKQUOTE