RE: [amibroker] Re: composites still crashing

<SPAN
class=162594014-22102002>Herman,
<SPAN
class=162594014-22102002>
thanks
for your reply and for wring a most excellent tutorial! I see several questions
there that I have posted to the group. As you can see this has been an ongoing
project for me. I mis-interpreted the help file that to set a flag you needed
the flags= statement. Part of the problem is I had tried simply entering the
flag in an earlier release but found it did not solve the problem. It seemsodd
that flage=1 did not force a syntax error.... I rechecked help and read through
your work. I also did a "Find" but could not locate what the flag=3 signifies
(your suggestion below for "Better") Most of the examples in your tutorial had
no flag setting. If 7 is the default can I assume that leaving the field blank
will create a 7 setting?
<SPAN
class=162594014-22102002>
thanks
again for taking the time to create your tutorial and for helping me find my
way.

Jayson

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Herman van den Bergen
[mailto:psytek@xxxx]Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 9:28
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
Re: composites still crashingHello,This isnot
correct:
AddToComposite(IIf(x==1,C,0),"~Capital Goods" ,"c",flags=1);This line should
be:      AddToComposite(IIf(x==1,C,0),"~Capital
Goods" ,"c",1);Better:
AddToComposite(IIf(x==1,C,0),"~Capital Goods" ,"c",3);See help for more
info, or read the introduction to the Atc on the ABwebsite.Best
regards,Herman.> -----Original Message-----> From:
akaloustian [mailto:ara1@xxxx]> Sent: 22 October, 2002 5:18
AM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re:
composites still crashing>>> I also have problems with
composites...>> I am counting 4 events, plus the total.>
When I look at the data, the sum of the 4 events does not always> equal
the total count. It is off about half the time...>>
Ara>> --- In amibroker@xxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx>
wrote:> > Tomasz, all;> >> > I had noted the
readme in the new final version of the V4.20.3> where mention>
> was made of correction in the composite calculating problem I had>
been> > experiencing.> >> > After tonight's scan I
again see......> >> >> >> > on the
update to the existing composite. the composite code> is........>
newhigh=C>Ref(HHV(C,25),-1); //stocks closing at new high>
>> > newlow=C<Ref(LLV(C,25),-1); //Stocks closing at new
low> >> > x=SectorID(0);> >> >
AddToComposite(IIf(x==1,C,0),"~Capital Goods" ,"c",flags=1);>
>> > AddToComposite(IIf(x==1,V,0),"~Capital Goods"
,"v",flags=1);> >> > AddToComposite(IIf(x==1,1,0),"~Capital
Goods" ,"O",flags=1);> >> > AddToComposite(IIf(x==1 AND
newhigh,1,0),"~Capital> Goods","H",flags=1);> >> >
AddToComposite(IIf(x==1 AND newlow,1,0),"~Capital>
Goods","L",flags=1);> >> > Plot(C, "Index",colorBlue,4
);> >> > If I delete the composites and re-scan all is well
but of course I> loose any> > notes, trend lines etc.>
>> > aby insights, solutions, etc would be greatly
appreciated> >> >> >
Jayson>>>> Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Web page: <A
Check group FAQ at:> <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html>>
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>>Post