Re: Once again: MoneyManagement

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> I've seen from your posts that you actually trade. Do you trade
using
> any of the formulae you post on this group?

Yes, sometimes with full discipline applied, although I do not like
it. See for example
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/26036

If so, do you ever use
> stops? What's the biggest drawdown (%) you've had? What's the
biggest
> drawdown percentage that you're willing to take in order to achieve
your
> final goal?

As you see I use a 20% source to help for possible mistakes. I never
used the whole amount the last 2 years
Do you base your exits strictly on your fomula?
Sometimes, not always, it depends on the Market situation.
The experience is always the same : When I have a clear exit signal
from a nice profitable system it is against the market "sentiment".
The conclusion is also the same : Formula is right, the sentiment is
wrong.
> dingo

T/A tools are mainly consulting. I need to understand where the
market is and then the next direction.
See for example
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/25997
This phase is not my favorite, I do not trust this volatile market,
the MeanRSIt reaction was at a relatively high level, I am in and out
quickly [example, MSFT Buy near the yesterday´s Close (50.5) to Sell
at today´s Open. Did you watch this stock yesterday? After the gap
up, sellers were pushing all day long. Any specific reason ? Probably
the fear of the upcoming announcements and the recent profit taking.
Excessive Volume prooves the uncertainty. Any slightly optimistic
announcement will be equivalent to a >+5% gap up. I will keep the
shares for the first quarter after the opening bell[you probably
agree that the stock is already o/b]]. No further plans for MSFT.
I have to answer also a question. If I was out of MSFT, I would not
Buy at today´s open, I would expect for some correction.
As you see, trading is a personal subject and I am not sure if
readers are interested.
Thank you for your mail.
DT

become "basic".
> I never thought to optimize this plan and that´s all.
> Dimitris Tsokakis
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxx, "Al Venosa" <avcinci@xxxx> wrote:
> > DT,
> >
> > You are confusing MM with system entry and exit. MM tells you how
> > much to buy or sell. It has absolutely nothing to do with timing,
> > entries, exits, etc. You talk about buying at the close and
selling
> > at the open for a +10% profit. Do you have a plan as to HOW MUCH
of
> > your equity to buy at the close? That's what MM is all about.
Your
> > system has to be profitable first in order for MM to help you
> control
> > risk. What if you buy at the close and sell at the open for a -
10%?
> > If the trade lost 10%, how much of your equity did you lose? MM
> tells
> > you how much of your equity you can afford to commit to a trade
if
> > you incurred a 10% loss in your trade. You have to plan for
> whatever
> > loss you are willing to incur in order to implement MM properly.
> >
> > AV
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Herman,
> > > I share the question.
> > > When Buy at Close/Sell at next day open is +10% and Short at
> > > close/Cover at next day open is another +10% and at the end you
> are
> > > bit below the first movement, what is the meaning of any MM
> > > technique ? Is it valid for loosing periods only ? Then, not
> > trading
> > > at all would be a better advise.
> > > DT
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxx, "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxx>