Re: Once again: MoneyManagement

Herman

MM is very hard to code... as you stated, the returns dwindle greatly
so you ligitimately ask "is it worth it?".

Consider test results that show a stop loss reduces your results
considerably, maybe even makes your sstem a losing one.

Since we know that the system was more profitable without stops, it
means that some of the stocks that went down will come back up again.
If you were to buy again, some of those stocks at a lower price, your
performance would improve over the original system, with lower
drawdown.

The problem of course is that those stocks don't meet your original
buying criteria, so you have to develop a whole new set....

My simplistic approach has been to test a system with a sell after x
number of days and primaril look at the % winners, in order to
evaluate the quality of entry. Practice MM in real trading. Naturally
this is somewhat time comsuning....

So in short, I beleive MM is worthwhile, but coding is at a much more
complex level than just working with a set of indicators...

Ara