RE: [amibroker] Re: Once again: MoneyManagement

Thanks Ara,

The question remains: Has "Anybody" on this list improved their system
returns by applying MM techniques? We have seen advocates of MM but not a
single person comes forward to say that the performance of their System+MM
is better than the System alone.

We all use simple common sense MM methods, like DT uses a personal MM
scheme, and most of us have one to suit our personal tolerance for stress
and financial loss. However when I say MM I mean those you find in $100
books, or $2000 trading systems...

I have seen hype about all kinds of things in the trading world, often
driven by advertising and other means intended to sell this or that. Is MM
one of those?

The problem is that we can "justify" and "rationalize" just about any idea
we want, no matter how bad, especially so if we can make money doing so. OK,
you are right: I am a skeptical person :-) the reason is that I have wasted
way too much time chasing "good" ideas from others. With a few exceptions I
found it better to just go my own way, sometimes by reinventing the wheel...
but so what? What better learning method is there?

Best regards,
Herman.