Re: [amibroker] Re: Once again: MoneyManagement

Herman:

FWIW, I think you are asking the wrong question.
It is highly unlikely that anyone improves their model testing returnswith
risk control, and it is highly unlikely that someone who does not use risk
control can convincingly demonstrate improved (relative to what and by what
measure?) "RT" trading performance over a reasonable time.  By definition,
risk control will constrain the system in some way in return for what the trader
considers to be benefits (e.g., lower drawdown, smaller losses, larger gains,
diversification, etc.).  However, it is likely that those
who incorporate all aspects of risk control (i.e., not just stops) arenot
the ones that are blown out of the water financially and/or in terms of
physical/mental health, and that is what risk control is all about.
Consequently, the question really is can you demonstrate to your
satisfaction that failure to use risk control did not contribute to failed
traders.  It seems quite logical to me and I have not seen any claims to
the contrary.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE