Re: [amibroker] US Market Quotes, Change Eminent?

Dear Hal,

Following the advice of John, Anthony and Tomasz, I read message #6338 and
was able to update my database by downloading just the day's data for
11/16 and appending it to the existing files. I had also had trouble
updating 11/15 the night before, and could have missed an opportunity that
would easily have paid for a monthly subscription somewhere where I could
count on having good, reliable, timely data.

Having just laid off 400 employees, I think, as you suggest, the
handwriting in on the wall as far as Yahoo's continuing to provide the
services we have all come to know and love. So we need to keep looking.

BTW, I have had a message to technical support on HQuote within minutes of
your posting, and they have yet to contact me. Pity, isn't it? They are
turning their backs on a potentially large market of new "subscribers". As
it is often said, "Luck is what happens when preparedness meets
opportunity." When the opportunity comes- and you are not prepared, you
merely look ridiculous.

Nate