IGNORE PREVIOUS Re: EOD Update

Hello,

It works BUT... as a rule you should not modify default.format file
(using Windows version of AmiBroker) because:
1. default.format will be overwritten during installing upgrade
2. there is a format definition (prnn.format) which exactly works for
you and is included with AmiBroker 3.41

All you have to do is just switch "Files of type" combo to "PRN
format with ticker" and then select your .prn files click OK and you
are done WITHOUT any changes in default.format file.

Note for the others: everytime you want to import some different
format just take default.format (or other .format file) as a
template, edit it and save it under different name. Then add new
definition to import.types file so it is visible to AmiBroker.
(This is described in 3rd issue of AmiBroker newsletter:
http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/03-2000.html)

In that way you will be able to easily update AmiBroker without
loosing your formats since your customized import.types and your
new .format files are NOT overwritten by new setup routine.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx, sam_bo99@xxxx wrote:
> Ignore previous post. I just worked it out.
> The default.format file does not include ticker. Since my EOD prn
> file has the format ticker,date.... format it was producing an
error.

> The first line should read as:
> $FORMAT ticker,Date_YMD,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume
> -------(NOTE:insertion of ticker)
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx, sam_bo99@xxxx wrote:
> > Hi Tomasz,
> >
> > I am having a small problem trying to update the database with
the
> > EOD prn file.
> >
> > When i go to import ascii and choose my file (20001213.prn) and
> error
> > occurs (Invalid date format/value). I have tried to modify the
> > default.format file so that DATE_DMY becomes DATE_YMD but i still
> get
> > the same error.
> >
> > I have also tried using another program to update the files in
the
> > Amibroker/data{a-z} directory. The EOD files are successfully
> > converted
> > and stored correctly in the appropritae sub directory, but when i
> > load Amibroker it still does not display the new dates. However
if
> > import all the data again choosing import metastock it is fine.
But